Senior leaders at the University serve in an advisory role for the Office of Economic Development, ensuring that initiatives align with University priorities.
- J.J. Wagner Davis, Co-Chair; Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
- Liz Magill, Co-Chair; Executive Vice President and Provost
- Pamela Sutton-Wallace; Acting Executive Vice President for Health Affairs, UVA Health System and Chief Executive Officer, UVA Medical Center
- Sally Barber; Special Advisor to the Executive Vice President for Health Affairs, Director of State and Federal Relations
- Shannon Blevins; Associate Vice Chancellor for Economic Development and Engagement, UVA-Wise
- Greg Fairchild; Associate Dean for Washington, DC Area Initiatives, Darden School of Business
- Denise Herndon; Program Director for Economic Development
- Archie Holmes, Vice Provost for Academic Affairs
- Karen Johnston, Harrison Distinguished Professor of Neurology and Associate Vice President for Clinical & Translational Research
- Mike Lenox; Senior Associate Dean and Chief Strategy Officer, Darden School of Business
- Pace Lochte; Assistant Vice President for Economic Development
- Louis Nelson; Vice Provost for Academic Outreach
- Pam Norris; Executive Associate Dean for Research, UVA Engineering
- Bob Pianta; Dean, Curry School of Education
- Ram Ramasubramanian; Vice President for Research
- Margot Rogers; Senior Advisor to the President, Strategic Initiatives
- Colette Sheehy; Senior Vice President for Operations
- Michael Straightiff; Executive Director, Licensing and Ventures Group
- Deborah van Eersel; Chief Administrative Officer, UVA Foundation
- Carl Zeithaml; Dean, McIntire School of Commerce
The Board of Visitors Committee on Engagement with the Commonwealth assists the University in maximizing opportunities to positively impact the Commonwealth and informs the Economic Development Council’s work.
Staff collaborate with internal and external partners to promote, lead, and partner on economic development projects throughout the region and the state, including the Governor’s Virginia Economic Development Partnership and the Central Virginia Partnership for Economic Development.